Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 12:26:30 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S41SCx Le Mans: November 11, 2022
November 11, 2022, 10:36:20 PM +0000 - Le Mans (Sarthe (1932-67)) - UKGPL Season 41 (Autumn 2022) 1967 Sports Cars
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Ford GT40 MkIV (#1967) GT 1967 2 +1.942
151.034mph
1 51:29.824
146.236mph
15 3:19.392
151.074mph
Goodyear  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford GT40 MkIV (#1967) GT 1967 3 +4.632
149.024mph
2 +9.716
145.778mph
15 3:21.056
149.824mph
Goodyear  
GregT
 Team Baarf
Ford GT40 MkIV (#1967) GT 1967 1 3:17.503
152.519mph
4 +32.480
144.715mph
15 3:17.539
152.491mph
Goodyear  
Rainier
 Equipe BGB
Chaparral Mk2D (#1967) GT 1967 5 +12.236
143.621mph
5 +1:18.734
142.602mph
15 3:23.220
148.228mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 (#1967) GT 1967 4 +8.284
146.379mph
Excluded +30.911
144.788mph
15 3:20.140
150.509mph
Firestone  
60fps UKGPL8

Ferrari 330/P4 (#1967) GT 1967 6 DNS ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

The standings are now corrected, sorry Doni...

Server replay time: 0h15m33s

Clive made a second shift+R

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 41 (Autumn 2022) 1967 Sports Cars - Le Mans - Nov 11  (Read 489 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2022, 12:13:42 PM +0000 »

Season 41 - SCX67 Cup – Round 6 - Le Mans

For the 6th race of the 1967 Sports Cars Cup we visit the famous Le Mans. The 24 Hours of Le Mans is the world's oldest active sports car race in endurance racing, held annually since 1923 near the town of Le Mans, France. It is one of the most prestigious automobile races in the world and is often called the "Grand Prix of Endurance and Efficiency". The event represents one leg of the Triple Crown of Motorsport; other events being the Indianapolis 500, and the Monaco Grand Prix.

With the starting field increasing and remembering previous races here, we make a rolling start.
The overtaking ban ends at the exit of the "Terte Rouge".
The Leader keeps a speed of ~ 100mph
The grid follows in a single line.

Please check the Season 41 details regarding rules and the 1967 Sports Cars Championship pages in particular.
In order to add an element of realism, and to hopefully reduce the possibility of rear-end incidents, the brake light patch will be used  eek

Race List =  IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8_60fps
IP Address = TBA
Race date = 11-11-2022
GPL mod = SC67
60fps patch = 60fpsV2newmod
Track dir = bsarthe
Quali starts = 20:45  UK time -> 45min
Race starts = ~21:30 UK time
Race length = ~50 min -> 15 laps
Damage Model = Intermediate
Replay = here

Handicapping

"Works" drivers will not drive a Porsche or Alfa

1 x Reset will be allowed
there is no need to carry out a Stop and Go in the pit lane if you make a Shift-R.
-> 2nd Shift-R = DQ

Drivers are reminded that Lap 1 incidents carry an extra 1 place penalty.
Only reported incidents will be moderated.

Please restrict chat to emergency messages only including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

WIP

8 races - 8 cars !

Class     Driver car1      car2      car3      car4      car5      
Works GrandPrixYannick    FM1FERFM2CHD
Works Axel Cookie FM1CHDFM2CHFLOL
Works EvilClive MIRFM1FM4CHFLOL
Works Fulvio Policardi FERFM1CHFLOL
Works Doni YFM1CHFFM2MIRFER
Works Pete Bennett FM1LOLCHFFER
Works Greg TCHFFM1FM2MIRFER
Privat Rainier ALFPORFM4LOLFM2
Privat Philippe Girard FM1LOLCHDFER
Privat Billy N 00FERCHD
Privat Claudio Navonne 00FER
Privat Paul V 00LOLALF
Works   Leo Menegucci    CHF0

GLA +FUN

« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 10:40:12 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 08:00:33 PM +0000 »

A late entrant into this Series.  To better simulate the 24hrs of Le Mans, the race should start at 4am GMT. Smiley
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 09:42:52 PM +0000 »

A late entrant into this Series.  To better simulate the 24hrs of Le Mans, the race should start at 4am GMT. Smiley

........and last 24 hrs  blink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 11:58:58 AM +0000 »

Watched Lemons 66 last night, it started at 10pm and ran for 3 hours ( inc  coffee brakes ) It was on BBC so it must be true !
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 12:32:11 PM +0000 »

With the starting field increasing and remembering previous races here, we make a rolling start.
The overtaking ban ends at the exit of the "Terte Rouge".

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 12:55:57 PM +0000 »

...and still only ONE shift-R allowed  Grin

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 08:09:06 PM +0000 »

I've more than once seen notifications of livestream coverage of Online 24hr events, in newer Sim's.  They use tracks where their real World events have taken place.  Teams are organised, with drivers sharing duties.  I suspect resets are allowed. Smiley

The right way to run a 24hr here, wold be for Europeans to start, Americans into the night, and far Easterners into our morning.  Replace worn out equipment the following weekend.

At Le Mans, in the 1920's, an English chap decided he could win by driving his"'blower," Bentley alone, for 24hrs.  He'd sip Champaign during pitstops, and was looking good, until a couple of hours from the finish.  Can't remember if he left the track violently, or if he spotted a Hotel vacancy.    
PaulV

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022, 06:05:10 PM +0000 »

Have a good race tonight lads...

I'm not a lover of this place to much, just can't get to carry enough speed. The only I thing I well at speed here is crash..

I'm sitting in a hospital bed having found out some recent  violent stomach pains and problems might not be older issues coming back to play me about a bit. Proof that age isn't a barrier to new things.

I have just discovered I have gall stones.

See you all next week.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:07:05 PM +0000 by PaulV » Logged
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2022, 07:39:39 PM +0000 »

At Le Mans, in the 1920's, an English chap decided he could win by driving his"'blower," Bentley alone, for 24hrs.  He'd sip Champaign during pitstops, and was looking good, until a couple of hours from the finish.  Can't remember if he left the track violently, or if he spotted a Hotel vacancy.    

AND! ¨Pierre Levegh in 1952, driving single-handedly, his car suffered an engine failure in the last hour of the race with a four lap lead. The failure was due to a bolt in the central crankshaft bearing having come loose many hours earlier in the race, although many fans placed the blame on driver fatigue.¨  Wikipedia

Sadly, that was what likely got Pierre the job with Mercedes in 1955 that would kill him and many others, Sad

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 08:43:18 PM +0000 »

Have a good race tonight lads...

I'm not a lover of this place to much, just can't get to carry enough speed. The only I thing I well at speed here is crash..

I'm sitting in a hospital bed having found out some recent  violent stomach pains and problems might not be older issues coming back to play me about a bit. Proof that age isn't a barrier to new things.

I have just discovered I have gall stones.

See you all next week.

You have my sympathy, Paul. Been there and done that, so I know about the stomach pains. I hope they remove the 'orrible little thing quickly and allow you to get some respite.

Take care mate and see you back on track soon.

Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 11:07:05 AM +0000 »

Grats to my teammate Doni on a fine drive to victory.    thumbup1 thumbup1

I should be dropped from results as I did 2 S/R's. I got a little carried away in the excitement of a possible podium place in the final laps.

I thought that I would struggle to keep up with the Fords and David's Chapp2D, but what I lost on the Mulsanne I could just about regain around the rest of the lap. Without slipstream I was topping out at 200mph, but If I got within 150mtrs of a Ford I was seeing a max of 218mph. The problem was that up to 210mph the car was fine and I had geared it hoping for a tow, but as we approached 220mph the engine temp started to rise very quickly into the red, so I had to back off to preserve the whizzy bits. Despite getting a DQ, it was by far my best race in the SC's this season  Smiley

One reset was when I came upon Greg just under the Dunlop Bridge with his Ford Mk4 Tank forming a very effective road block that I could not avoid. I came over the rise flat in 4th gear at around 180(?) mph and there was no time and no place to go except hit him hard. REset #1. A racing incident and no-one's fault just bad luck/timing. I think that I did not see a yellow flag as I was too close behind, but not far enough to find an empty track.

Then chasing down Greg in the final laps I was sucked into the tow approaching Mulsanne corner and just failed to get the Ferrari turned soon enough, so I came to rest on top of the berm. Greg had overshot completely and when I did my #2 S/R I was confident that I was now ahead. But imagine my surprise when Greg's Ford materialised through the scenery on the left at the first small kink on the way to Arnage!!!! I presume he found a farm track from Mulsanne to bring him around to that part of the circuit LOL!!  Nice move Greg  Wink I Am Not Worthy lol
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 11:10:02 AM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pete Bennett
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 11:34:53 AM +0000 »

All sounds like fun. Sorry, I was busy and had to miss this one Sad

Hope to see you next time. Grats to Doni on the victory.

TeamTobo
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 02:18:44 PM +0000 »

Got the trophy, got the cheque, got the race queen...mmm, tasty...and made for the exit as fast as I could before anyone checked with scoring to realize that Axel was the true winner.  Smiley

Indeed so, chaps.  Axel was a late starter from pit lane after missing the grid and as such, didn't have his first lap scored properly but easily caught up to the paced field before Tertre Rouge.  I think that Greg realized that Axel had missed the start so went intentionally well below the pace recommendation of 100mph to allow Axel to catch up.  Top marks for sportsmanship there, Greg.

Had some fun in the early laps with slipstreaming on the Mulsanne with Greg.  I was leading on Lap02 and could see Greg in my mirrors but strangely, I also heard the wail of a 12-cylinder Ferrari.  Clive?  Yes!  The Evil One was keeping pace superbly on the Mulsanne with the red car.  Great stuff, Clive!  I find the Mk4 Ford a real challenge with knife-edge adhesion; put it a millimeter wrong and I pay the price.  Comes the Esses on Lap03 and a slight bobble cost me with a spin to the back of the field save for Dave in the Chaparral.  Groan...

Next lap and Axel performed much the same stunt in the Esses with a big loss of time.  A collision with Dave didn't help either.  By this point, Greg was cruising and indeed, was checking-up looking for some competition.  So boring for you up front there, eh, Greg?  Smiley

Later, Greg got stuck on the berm in the Mulsanne Hairpin and it took forever for him to reverse off.  Kudos for sticking with it, Greg.  You could have reset, of course.  I got through for the lead and it took forever to finally break away from Clive's Ferrari.  He was doing a great job.  Greg did catch up with me very fast and challenged at Dunlop but crashed heavily taking Clive with him.  Bad luck there, gys.  This left me with a decent lead but on the last lap, a Ford caught me to take the point.  I thought that this must be Greg but no, it was Axel.  I found it annoying that of three Ford Mk4's in the race, all were of the same livery.  Somewhat confusing.  I didn't take note of car number so thought for sure it was Greg who'd made the late-race pass.  As it was, Greg stayed with Clive for the balance of the race to finish well down in a race that he surely should have won.

Rather disappointed on the thin entry.  Hope it's not a trend.

GregT

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2022, 07:33:04 PM +0000 »

Paul, I hope you´re feeling better soon. It´s a shame we didn´t have more drivers for this race.

Congrats Doni, Axel, or Axel, Doni!

I was disappointed Yannick didn´t make it. Without him it seemed too easy. I wish Axel had started behind me. It took a while before I realized he was in the race.

Yes Doni it was going to be boring if just ran away from all of you. Without Yannick present, I would have liked to drive the Mirage. That could have been interesting. I used you to save fuel at the beginning of the race. I was worried I might run low if I didn´t save some fuel at some point. I made a mistake at the start by going 100 kph. I used the right number but the wrong measurement. I´m glad it helped Axel and didn´t hurt anybody else.

I ran lap 2 or 3 as fast as I could which broke any slipstream you could get from me. After that I slowed to let you guys back in my tow. I thought about dropping back to Dave and seeing if I could tow him back to Doni and Clive. I was trying to make it where Doni would be about 150 meters behind me at my braking point for Mulsanne. I felt bad when I noticed that I seemed to be helping Doni get away from Clive. I didn´t want to do that but I did want to help you guys go faster. I was trying different lines and and braking points since I wasn´t worried about losing time. I pushed my braking point for Mulsanne to the limit which is what put me on the berm once. Luckily, I was very quick with my shovel and had the car going again without a reset. It got interesting at that point. I thought I might have lost too much time to catch Doni but then I had a good reason to drive as quick as I could. I got impatient late in the race. When I caught Doni, Axel wasn´t far behind. I worried a little what the situation would be when all three of us got to Mulsanne so I tried to pass going into Dunlop. If I could have made the pass it would have been interesting to see if I could have opened a gap in the Esses and Terte Rouge that would have allowed me to beat you two to Mulsanne.

I´m disappointed I wrecked Clive. I apologize. I tried to keep my car out of Doni and Axel´s way and I was glad they made it by me. Smiley Clive didn´t. Clive likely would have missed me if he was running my usual line. It was incredible seeing the speed he was carrying over the hill after Dunlop. I don´t think I´ve ever been hit so hard. I didn´t make a reset then. I quickly realized my car´s top speed was down by at least 10 mph but more likely 20 mph. When I missed Mulsanne, I was sure Clive was going to pass me. I couldn´t figure out how he was still behind me. It´s a shame you beached yourself. No matter what might happen, I was going to let you finish ahead of me after wrecking you at Dunlop.

It´s kind of sad that the Ferrari with best of a slipstream still has a lower top speed than the Mk IV has without a tow. I could do 221 mph without a tow and over 230 mph with one. In the past I would try to race Mark Jones in the Ford and me in the Ferrari. He always beat me. The Mark IV´s advantage on the straight can not be recovered in the turns.

Clive, what you saw me do at Mulsanne is experience. If you can´t make the turn, the fastest way to recover is drive behind hedges and reenter the track 100s of meters past Mulsanne. In the past, I´d often make 3 left turns when I missed making the right. That is much slower than driving behind the hedges.

I had a lot more fun doing what I did than if I have tried to run away from everybody. And I like to see Doni and Axel get good finishes. I do wish I hadn´t made a mess of Clive´s race. That´s the only thing that makes me wish I´d have driven away from the field.

Thanks for fun gentlemen. I appreciate it.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2022, 12:26:56 AM +0000 »

Great report and it explains a few things, Greg.

In my report, I neglected to mention Paul being under the weather and in hospital with gall stones.  Get well soon, Paul.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com