Quarterly cost: �0

April 26, 2024, 05:21:43 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17Da Mosport: June 09, 2009
June 09, 2009, 09:36:22 PM +0100 - Mosport - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:25.121
---
1 1:04:33.809
---
45 1:25.341
---
Dunlop  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +0.828
---
2 +1:03.976
---
45 1:26.707
---
Goodyear  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.537
---
3 +1:13.947
---
45 1:25.774
---
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +1.402
---
4 +1:27.000
---
45 1:25.935
---
Goodyear  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 8 +1.374
---
5 +1:36.623
---
45 1:26.789
---
Dunlop  
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 10 +1.483
---
6 +1L
---
44 1:26.635
---
Dunlop  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 11 +3.003
---
7 +2L
---
43 1:28.617
---
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 +3.737
---
8 +3L
---
42 1:28.386
---
Dunlop  
b_1_rd
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 13 +4.799
---
9 +18L
---
27 1:28.596
---
Dunlop  
natan5

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 5 +0.787
---
10 +34L
---
11 1:26.782
---
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 2 +0.072
---
11 +38L
---
7 1:26.633
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 4 +0.699
---
12 +45L
---
0 ---
---
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 7 +1.069
---
---
0 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0

A good race on a difficult circuit with a high attrition rate means that the Championship is going down to the wire, but which Brabham will it be? The BT7 or the BT11?

Geoff's unusual tactics will surely not catch on despite the obvious skill required to spin in such dramatic fashion when on your own and going in a straight line.

Good work Geoff!

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0

fpolicardi starts from the pit lane on the server and is a lap down.

The result has been amended to correct his finishing position.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h00m54s

Geoff somehow manages to spin unaided on the grid and Phil has little or no time to react, and no place to go without risking further incidents.

Racing incident.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m43s

Steve B_1_rd is slow on the approach to Moss and a braking Phil hits him, sending him into the barriers.

There are yellow flags waving for Steve and for Phil briefly but Steve was slow even accounting for this and Phil did attempt to brake making the contact minimal.

Racing Incident.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h04m58s

Phil and Jethro contest the second part of Moss and make contact, sending Phil off track.

Jethro makes an attempt to pass Phil on the inside of Moss 2 and clearly surprises Phil who does not stay wide, but Jethro has achieved 50% overlap and is entitled to expect a little room. Both drivers are in full control making it a clear contested overtake.

Racing Incident.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h42m43s

Steve Bucket and Steve B_1_rd collide going into turn 8.

Steve B_1_rd takes the inside line on the approach to turn 8 and Steve Bucket knows he is there and is expecting the pass attempt.

Both drivers try to stay on their side of the track and make the corner. Steve B_1_rd's right rear momentarily steps out on the server replay but the reaction of Steve Bucket's car suggests a little warp influence as well. Steve Bucket does not lose a place and at the next corner Steve B_1_rd's race ends in the barrier.

Racing Incident.

• Racing incident

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy - Mosport - Jun 9  (Read 8184 times)
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 11:28:12 PM +0100 »

Well I completely missed the start waiting for the crew refuelling my car for a longer distance, I started from pit with the fuel pump still attached  Grin
Cause the pit positioned after the start/finish line I was a lap down all and I had to work hard my way through half field. In the end I was 6th on the table and 4th on the track after have given position to Jethro with a spin at T2 with a couple of lap to go.
Really I was annoyed by blue flags and I was thinking "Now I'll let him by at the next straight"...said and done  Cheesy

Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 12:30:55 AM +0100 »

Win was the only option for me, so I went all out in this one. Evil was very close in qualifying and I must be thankful to have a teammate next on the start as it held off the charge of others behind.

He kept up with me after the start and was probably going to attack soon as he had the advantage on the straight, but for some reason he dropped back and then retired. Bad luck, Evil.

I kept pushing all the way, never easing off, except on the last lap when I noticed Fulvio was fighting with Pod just when I was catching them.

With JR finishing 2nd it's going to go right down to the wire. I have some hope of making the podium at Silverstone, but absolutely no chance at Monza. With 2 worst results dropped it's going to be very close and interesting from here on.

Grats to all finishers,

-=Hristo=-

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 08:32:18 AM +0100 »

I was more than cheesed off with a retirement, especially when I set that 2nd grid slot qually on full race fuel with raised suspension!!! Almost 0.5 sec faster than my best lightweight qually setup....figure that one out??!! Huh
The Glutbucket pit crew have some questions to answer!!!!

I was comfortable behind Hristo off the grid, as I know from experience he would be flying and would hopefully pull me clear of the pack. So, rather than challenge and slow the pair of us I gave him a safe 1 second  gap and let him run.

It was all working rather well and it appears there was some incident that dropped the chasing group by a few seconds which was just about perfect.

Then I started having some frame rate issues, particularly at Moss,  where the graphics would stall and suddenly catch up right before the apex of the sharp right hander.
It was during one of these incidents that I suddenly found myself wide and on the grass. fortunately the gap back to 3rd was large enough by now to allow me a safe rejoin, but Hristo was now a speck on the horizon.

There was still a long way to go and I knew H would take this chance to build the gap, so I concentrated on putting in some quick laps to try and hold the gap to manageable levels.
A couple more frame rate moments caused a couple of dodgy downshifts and I think that is what contributed to my demise where the revs exceeded the 12500 safe rev limit.  Crossing the S/F  I suddenly went deaf...everything went quiet and at first I thought that I had lost sound along with the frame rate issues, but no, Nippon engineering had a rare failure Roll Eyes.
I will have to study replay to see if the broken camshaft was down to poor engine management or sloppy pit work by the Glutbuckets!!

Glad that H took the win for HER, but dissappointed to end the race like that just as I was getting into my stride and with potential 1:25 laps available on race fuel and a good second place beckoning.

Grats to the podium and all finishers.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 01:35:31 PM +0100 »

I wasn't happy with my qual time, but it was a long race Wink

I had a good start, and going into T1 I was 7, going into Moss I saw Tim's flying Honda.
On 2 lap John run wide into T2 and I was in front of him, on that same lap Jethro had problems in Moss, but I was to far away to pass him without risking contack. Unfortunately he had to go to pitlane and slowed down so much going into T9 that I almost hit him. To avoid contact i run wide into grass, and lost 2 places.

For the next few laps I had John and Sam fighting in front of me, luckily I was able to stay with them because on lap 8 Sam made mistake in T1 and I was in front of him. Afther that I was trying to push as hard as I can, to stay with John and keep Sam away from me, unfortunately they were to fast for me.
John was running away and Sam was closing to me, lucky he made few mistakes and I could keep him behind. On one moment Sam was so close that he was trying to attack me at the end of back straight, luckily I was braking later into T8.
On lap 25 Sam spun going into Moss, and I started to fight with Fulvio, but later I realised that he was lap down, so I let him pass me on lap 27.
When Fulvio passed me I realised that Jethro in very close and fast. I was trying to stay on my third position, but Jethro was to fast for me, and he passed be in T2. Afther that my plan was to stay alive, and not let Hristo to lap me.

I kept pushing all the way, never easing off, except on the last lap when I noticed Fulvio was fighting with Pod just when I was catching them.

Fulvio was lap down to me, but still you act like real gentlemen driver(not cocky  Wink ). Thanks for that.

I'm very happy with my result. I keep my head cool, and didn't made any stupid mistakes. Cya in Silverstone Cool

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 09:11:01 PM +0100 »

Submit your reports please gentlemen.

Or do you not have any for the 3rd race in a row?

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 09:29:54 PM +0100 »

Submit your reports please gentlemen.

Or do you not have any for the 3rd race in a row?
Don't tempt me to be a gentleman and report myself for L1 Moss. Wink

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 11:12:20 PM +0100 »

Phil left a gap early on which I went for at Moss 2 and he didn't expect it.
You're right there, how you got the power down so quick is beyond me.  This is one corner I can never get right, I seem to loose seconds here  Sad

I ended up spinning him round, my car wasn't damaged I think. Apologies to you Phil, wasn't my intention to ram you off the road if it seemed that way.
No harm done, I did leave the door open (unintentionally).  It did cost me time though.  I was trying to get on terms with Steve Bird and Mr Bucket but I had to push hard and consequently made too many mistakes.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 11:30:40 PM +0100 »

You're right there, how you got the power down so quick is beyond me.  This is one corner I can never get right, I seem to loose seconds here  Sad

It's a tricky one indeed. You need to break early and at the same time throw the car into the corner and let the rear slide around, then apply throttle before it slides too much, but not too early as to go off. If you don't slide it around you have to slow a lot more to make the corner.

The problem is doing it repeatedly each lap and that's not something I can do, so one is limited to their own safe guts feeling. No point risking too much, spinning or going off, and losing more time than if you take it slower.

I think a lot of the freedom in how you can take it depends on the way you take the first part of Moss, up the hill. A good line there helps a lot.

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 08:33:20 AM +0100 »

Last chance for reports.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 09:32:51 AM +0100 »

Do I loose a lap then? What is the general rule when someone loose a lap missing the start cause the place of the pitstall? Just asking so I can rule myself on track in case it happens again.

Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 01:37:54 PM +0100 »

Do I loose a lap then? What is the general rule when someone loose a lap missing the start cause the place of the pitstall? Just asking so I can rule myself on track in case it happens again.

Ciao

I think Phil should look into this and fix your result. It's not your fault that GPL does the error of putting people a lap down when the pit stall is positioned after the s/f line (which I think is the reason). If I remember correctly others had the same problem and their positions were reinstated manually, either here or in oAo league.

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 07:53:15 PM +0100 »

Ciao

I think Phil should look into this and fix your result. It's not your fault that GPL does the error of putting people a lap down when the pit stall is positioned after the s/f line (which I think is the reason). If I remember correctly others had the same problem and their positions were reinstated manually, either here or in oAo league.
Any driver who looses a lap because they were dropped from the server will have their position reinstated.  Establishing the true finishing position can only be done by reviewing the race replay.  Then there is a bit of maths and database editing to do to sort out the true finishing order.  This does take a bit of time but I'm sure it will be sorted before the mod report is published and the results are made official.
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 04:26:20 PM +0100 »

I've just realised I should have submitted my replay for the L1 T4 into Moss incident between myself and FMG. What should I do?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 08:16:31 PM +0100 »

I've just realised I should have submitted my replay for the L1 T4 into Moss incident between myself and FMG. What should I do?

Pray while flagelating yourself for your immense error of judgement.

Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 10:04:56 PM +0100 »

Pray while flagelating yourself for your immense error of judgement.
Praying and flagelating SIR! Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com