Quarterly cost: �0

April 27, 2024, 04:32:43 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S15Dh Monza: June 24, 2008
June 24, 2008, 09:37:05 PM +0100 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKGPL Season 15 (2008) Historic
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
McLaren M2B (Ford) F1 1966 3 +0.130
137.818mph
1 33:33.644
134.100mph
21 1:33.775
137.121mph
Firestone  
Kruger Enge
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT11 (BRM V8) F1 1966 4 +0.352
137.491mph
2 +0.637
134.057mph
21 1:34.179
136.533mph
Goodyear  
Art
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
Cooper T81 (Maserati) F1 1966 5 +0.813
136.816mph
3 +9.714
133.456mph
21 1:34.200
136.502mph
Firestone  
EvilClive

Brabham BT11 (BRM V8) F1 1966 9 +1.618
135.654mph
4 +36.122
131.737mph
21 1:34.974
135.390mph
Goodyear  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Lotus 33 (BRM) F1 1966 11 +3.170
133.469mph
5 +36.232
131.729mph
21 1:34.640
135.868mph
Firestone  
Phil Thornton
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 8 +1.476
135.858mph
6 +51.728
130.741mph
21 1:35.291
134.940mph
Goodyear  
Ken Murray
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 246 F1 1966 10 +2.308
134.674mph
7 +59.958
130.222mph
21 1:35.425
134.750mph
Firestone  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Lotus 43 (BRM) F1 1966 1 1:33.171
138.010mph
8 (+2) +7L
128.699mph
14 1:33.315
137.797mph
Disco
Firestone  
Tim Robey

Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 7 +1.442
135.907mph
9 +11L
123.062mph
10 1:36.265
133.574mph
unknown
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 2 +0.088
137.880mph
10 +19L
109.888mph
2 1:40.451
128.008mph
Disco
Firestone  
Burtoner
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81 (Maserati) F1 1966 6 +1.326
136.073mph
11 +20L
96.348mph
1 2:11.487
97.793mph
Disco
Firestone  
karlisss

McLaren M2B (Ford) F1 1966 12 +9.078
125.757mph
12 +6.795
91.680mph
1 2:16.019
94.535mph
Disco
Firestone  
3 UKGPL66

Lotus 43 (BRM) F1 1966 13 13 DNS ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0h00m15s

On the acceleration from the start S.Drake moves over and initiates a contact with Bernie Darwin. Most of the field gets caught up in the incident. Everyone else but S.Drake is entitled a no-fault S+R.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 15 Historic - Monza (GP 1955-71) - Jun 24  (Read 10088 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 12:05:11 AM +0100 »

Well that will be an interesting one for the moderators to sort out. 

Even with a tow from Ken and Kruger in praccy only managed 8th on the grid, so I lined up just behind Burt.  Got a good start but Burt bogged down on the line and I almost hit him.  I had to come right off the throttle and eased right to avoid him and I was almost collected by  Ken who had also got a decent start.  Luckily the minor contact with Ken didn't affect him but I was slewed right across the track and was lucky not to take Mike out.  Burt's bad start was the catalyst for the mayhem.  Burt you need a G25 mate.  There is no way you can compete off the line with someone who has an analogue clutch.  The 66s and 65s have a lot less torque that the 67s so you have to be able to slip the clutch to get them off the line.

Anyway got going in second to last place only to encounter the scrapheap at the Curva Grande.  Bounced off one or two cars but managed to squeeze through without needing a shift R.  At the end of lap 2 I was amazed to find myself in 3rd place.  It wasn't long before Mike and Evil were on my tail.  My 3 litre Brab had the legs on the straight so all I had to do was keep the inside line at Lesmo 1 and the Parabolica and they would have a real tough job getting past me.  It worked for a while but I clipped the grass on the exit of Lesmo 2 and spun and they were through.  So was Art.

Now down to 6th with Syd closing fast.  I decided not to hold Syd up and I hoped he would be able to pull me up to Art, Clive and Mike but my plan failed.  He was so fast I couldn't keep up even with a tow.  Something must have happened to Syd near the Curva Grande a few laps later because I passed his stationary Lotus and regained my 6th place which I kept to the finish.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 12:10:18 AM +0100 »

....some guy posted a rather rude chat about it all !! ...
Yes I noticed that too.  Please no bad language in chat, especially when the race is still running!!!! 
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 12:29:05 AM +0100 »

Glad someone had some fun.That was possibly the worst UKGPL race I've been in for driving standards!!

I think we need to wait until the race is moderated before we can say that.  The server replay is available if anybody wants to assess the incidents for themselves. Penalty guidelines are here.

I think we should run Pro damage to punish the bad drivers.

The intention (note intention) is to introduce PRO damage for the 66 cars in Season 16.  We didn't do it for this Season because we thought 2 PRO divisions (Masters and Div 1) was enough of a change between seasons.  In seasons 13 and 14 only the Masters was PRO and before that nothing was (apart from the 40th Anniversary in Season 14). 
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 12:55:15 AM +0100 »

With a lot of luck, a result I couldn`t have expected with 2 litre engine on this track.

Played it right in quali and on my first run managed a half 34 lap having had some tow in sector 1. I then had another go and tried to get some tow and improve on my position which was already down to 7th on the grid. Got the timing right and exited the pits just behind a Soggy train composed of Bernie and Lorenzo and that run shaved a second of my time which put me fourth on the grid. After completing that lap, I stayed on another lap hoping Ken might get some tow too Wink

I had a blistering start (even though I`m not using the analogue clutch of my G25 Smiley) and soon after start, cars in front had a contact and suddenly, everyone was out of my way and I had nothing but the sound of my BRM engine. A quick glance at Pribluda showed that many people were affected and I was all on my own with 15 seconds to spare after lap 2 (lucky bastard Smiley ).

I was under no illusion to keep the first place and watched for progress of the 3 Litre runners and soon it was aparent that Lorenzo was the one chasing me. I pushed as hard as I could but couldn`t do nothing to stop Lorenzo eating into the gap. Sure enough, he caught me after half race distance and passed so I was tagging along and my laptimes improved from there on. We had a great fun racing each other and two laps before end, I managed to slipstream into Parabolica and pass but stood no chance in a drag race to the finish line, which I believed at the moment was last lap and I already saw that Lorenzo passed the line before me. I lifted slightly but realized there was one more lap to go.

Had I not lifted, I might have had half a chance at having a go at Parabolica but most likely it wouldn`t stick to the finish line so I`m pretty happy with this result. Three races to go and there`s all to play for as engine capacity won`t be as important as it was here.

Grats to Lorenzo and thanks for another enjoyable race and grats to Art for making a surprise podium appearance Smiley

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 08:18:36 AM +0100 »

Results are up so you can submit incident reports now.
As for the start...
From the very start, I was looking in my mirrors to see where everyone else was. Since it was a staggered start I thought I could see 2nd and 3rd place cars in my mirrors. In hindsight I should have checked on car makes, and been aware that Ferrari was second. As it was I thought I made a good start, I could still see two cars in my mirrors (Lorenzo and Kruger), and about half way towards Curva Grande, convinced there was no one on my left, I started moving towards racing line. Suddenly there was wheel in my sight, and I tried to quickly pull right again but it was too late. Bernie was actually beside me all the time. On my client replay we never actually touched, but we came pretty close, and then warp did the rest. I had to reset and did a SnG at the end of the lap.
Then a couple of laps later, I got a good run on a ferrari (probably Bernie again) going into Lesmos 1. I tried to stay all the way onto the inside of the corner, but unfortunately clipped the kerb, which pushed me towards the middle of the track,and I spun us both out.
After all this I was last, and started my fight back. With about 7 laps to go I was just about to catch up to Clive when my engine exploded. Another reset and SnG and then a spin at Lesmos 2 and I was last. In last place and with no motivation to continue left, I quit with 5 laps to go.
A really bad race for me, compounded by ruining it for others too.
Art

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 10:35:48 AM +0100 »

Qually went pretty well for me and got my PB of a 33.9 so was happy with 5th.  Smiley

As for the race well I got a great start and made up a place straight away. Was tearing down towards T1 when I noticed Syd and Bernie spinning in front of me. They went off track and as I was coming towards the incident the spinning Fezza slid right into my path and I could do nothing but collide with it. Sad Lost a wheel or 2 so I done a NO FAULT Shift-R when it would let me. lol

This pretty much left me back in around 7th I believe when I eventually got going again and decided to plod on and see what happens. Made a few driving errors going into Parabolica but managed to settle myself down and start catching the pack. There were a few retirements and I got a place back after passing Tim and that was me now chasing Clive and Mike. I chased Mike down and got him going down into Parabolica. A Clive/Mike sandwich wasn't good as I was doing a lot of mirror watching. So now it was onto trying to pass Clive but always having my mirrors full of Mikes car.  Smiley Got nice drive out of Ascari and tucked in behind Clive and managed to overtake him into Parabolica. (Seemed like the best place to pass again  Grin) Clive wouldn't let go of that place very easily and he was in my mirrors for best part of a lap and a half. The Cooper wouldn't yield though and eventually I started pulling away.

The rest of the race was pretty uneventful  for me as I was trying to catch Kruger and Lorenzo. Not very easy but after looking at the replay I was matching them on times if not slightly quicker and was closing the gap but I ran out of laps and crossed the line in 3rd.  Grin WELL CHUFFED IS ME!!!!!  Tongue

I was watching the replay and the battles between Clive/Mike and Kruger/Lorenzo.........GREAT RACING GUYS! Very enjoyable to watch.

I'm now away until around the 15th July so good luck in the coming races and GO TEAM C 'n' B!!!!!!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:42:58 AM +0100 by Art » Logged

Crash 'n' Burn Racing

GPL Rank -20.810

UKGPL-Season 15
oAo - Season 9
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 12:09:52 PM +0100 »

Glad someone had some fun.That was possibly the worst UKGPL race I've been in for driving standards!!

I think we need to wait until the race is moderated before we can say that. 

OK yes, probably a rash claim born out of the frustration of droning round Monza for 20 laps on my own at the back, especially knowing I was on the pace of the leader!!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 12:39:23 PM +0100 »

Not much to say about this except to bolster Kens views about the poor driving standards which IMO where worthy of the finest Monza "pick up" race  Sad

No use harping on about this , but I would like to comment on people who really should know better trying to win the race before its started , No blame on Syd for the 1st one which unfortunately caused the havoc , it looked to be  warp contact from what the server saw although any further comments I will leave to the moderators .

The worst part for me was my being clobbered four times inside the first 3 laps , one of those black days , maybe something to do with the weather , who knows ? I just hope things improve for the next time .

(rant mode over )

Grats to Lorenzo and Kruger that was a great finish (vertual at least ) in the true Monza tradition and a great result for the Soggies  Grin

This race made me wonder if it would not be possible to have stopped the server and then had it re started in pre formed grid positions , all it would need would be a call from someone selected as race steward or stewards , I dont know if this would be practical but it would solve the problem of major shunts which must totally ruin the race for most of the drivers involved .
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:42:53 PM +0100 by bernie » Logged
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 12:52:16 PM +0100 »

This race made me wonder if it would not be possible to have stopped the server and then had it re started in pre formed grid positions , all it would need would be a call from someone selected as race steward or stewards , I dont know if this would be practical but it would solve the problem of major shunts which must totally ruin the race for most of the drivers involved .

Worthy of discussion I'd say. Better the incidents didn't happen but if that was a real race it would have been red flagged for sure!
Steven Foster
Former UKGPL Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 01:12:39 PM +0100 »

....followed by a couple of funerals, and some hospital visits no doubt  Sad
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 01:14:07 PM +0100 »

Like Kruger I was not expecting to get any sort of result here amongst the 3 litre brigade. I managed half a tow during qually and got a place not quite at the back of the grid.
I actually managed to remember to save a replay of this race, usually I have just quit and get a "DOH!" moment.
Strangely enough upon watching my replay of the start, to see who the heck instigated that road block,  I discovered a phantom Fez!!
I could not understand why Syd appeared to veer sideways (when clear in the lead and on the straight down to Curve Grande) and run into the fencing.
It is not until a second car is collected by Syd's rebound that a red Fez ( Bernie's cloaking device obviously failed during the impact!! laugh) magically materialises on its side and somewhat "out of scale" in the middle of the mayhem.....wierd or what??

Anyway like just about everyone except Kruger I was forced into avoidance mode and slewed sideways to miss Syd and one or two other cars and found myself in the greenery on the left being pummeled by more "incoming" projectiles.
I figured I was entitled to a no fault "Shift-R", but there was just too much activity and had to wait for a gap.
Eventually picked my way out of the debris and was following Mike Beatie's tail pipes, a relationship that lasted all the way to the finish.
Phil was in front of Mike, and I think both of us were keen to make the most of any tow from that 3 litre barge.
I managed to get onto Phil's tail and take advantage of his draft for a few laps until he wobbled out of Lesmo 2. Mike was still chasing hard and I could not break the tow to him. Then Art cruised up in his 3 litre Cooper, taking huge bites out of us on every straight.
Once he was in front, it was a case of hanging on to his tail pipes at all costs, cos if he got away we would never catch him. Mike obviously had the same idea because he was hugging my exhaust as well.
I was pedalling that baby Brab for all I was worth and running at 10/10th's through every bend just to keep in touch, the inevitable happened at parabolica and as I applied just a little too much power just a fraction to eagerly the back came round and I performed a very graceful 360. This allowed Mike through and Art to escape, as the gap back to Mike was now just too much to be sucked along without me in that space.
I was about 3 secs back from Mike , but started to close by a couple of tenths each lap until I began to pick up his draft which pulled me onto his tail. by this time Art was over the horizon.
The second half of the race was a slipstream battle between Mike and myself with us constantly swapping positions as the laps counted down. It soon became apparent that either of us could effect a pass at the end of the two main straights, but even with the tow out of parabolica there was not enough grunt in the 2 litres to get past before the S/F line.
Therefore a devious plan was hatched. I would need to be in 2nd place out of Lesmo 2 and draft past into Parabolica on a perfect line to lead into the straight. Simple huh??!!
With 4 laps to go I had a dummy run, but was too close out of Lesmo 2 and did not gain enough speed to get a clean pass before Parabolica.
For the next 2 laps I sat behind Mike waiting to pounce Grin
Last lap and followed through Lesmo's actually easing off to get about a .5 sec gap, then nailed it !!! It was not quite perfect but i certainly got past Mike going into Lesmo, although I did not feel I had quite enough clear air to take the inside line. So I took route "B", and swept right around the outside keeping the power on and redlining 3rd gear onto the straight where I glimpsed Mike's nose in my mirrors. He was right in my wheeltracks and using the tow !!!!  Undecided  and almost, but not quite got alongside by the finish line devil  and I had pinched 4th spot from him by about 0.5 secs.
It was a race long duel between us and I thoroughly enjoyed the fun. We both gave each other room ( I hope) to enjoy some seriously close racing and slipstreaming..thanks Mike.
Grats to the podium regulars and special grats to Art for great pace and consistency.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Tim Robey

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 01:22:55 PM +0100 »

I agree with Ken, the first few laps were like a pickup race out there last night   Angry

I really struggled at times with the slipstreaming (not done much racing with the 66s), you don't realise how fast you are going until you reach the corners and boom! you're too fast & there is nothing you can do but rear-end someone. Sorry to Burt and Ken who I rear-ended last night at the parabolica.

After a few incidents I was running dead last and after a few laps on my own and the leaders not far behind I decided to call it a night.
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 04:15:40 PM +0100 »

I Sorry to Burt and Ken who I rear-ended last night at the parabolica.

NP, but yes you do have to be aware of the slipstream effect and how much quicker you can be approaching some of the corners.
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 05:00:57 PM +0100 »

No Problem Tim, After a decent qualifying session, was looking good for the race, but then the pile up at turn 1 i got caught in, and then again at parabolica Tim got me from behind.

In end i decided to quit in disgust.

Apologies for the language, I know im not that bad normally, just it got to me at the time.  Sad

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 06:50:29 PM +0100 »

Tut Tut Burt , didnt see the chat but from what I heard you would have made Max Mosley blush.

And if you was miffed then spare a thought for a Ferrari, sat on the front row who had qualified with full race fuel on board.

at  "Monza" !!!

Took some explaining to Enzo afterwards , I can tell you    Embarrassed

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com